… but this one is actually really good.
I pinched this off a website*
It’s twenty notes of advice for people in their twenties, but I think good sense is ageless. I read the list and thought it was perfect, so I decided to share it.
- Find three hobbies you love: one to make you money, one to keep you in shape, and one to be creative.
- Getting a degree matters, but getting the right degree matters even more.
- Leave every job you have on good terms. Do not burn your bridges.
- See the world while you still don’t have a ton of responsibilities.
- Don’t live on the Internet. Go out and experience real life. [If I was ever going to get a bumper sticker or a T-shirt with a message, this is what it would say]
- Don’t give up what you want most for what you want now.
- Read. A lot. [Check]
- Dress to impress. [I feel as if everyone in Nigeria has this one down pat]
- Never pinch pennies on brakes or tires.
- Never stop learning
- Marry someone you consider your best friend.
- All adventures in life start by just showing up.
- Drama is never worth putting up with. [My life’s motto]
- Value experiences over possessions.
- Drive slow in bad weather.
- Money comes and goes. Time just goes.
- Don’t judge yourself on your intentions but your actions. [I struggle with this one]
- Always make new mistakes.
- Don’t rely on other people to make you happy. [Yaaaaas]
- Bite less; chew more. [I’m still not sure if they mean this literally, figuratively, or both]
By Johnny Webber
*Can I just say that even though this list was originally posted on dailyzenlist.com, Stumble Upon is THE most awesome website on the planet; I’d never have discovered this list (and a bunch of other really great pages) without the Stumble. I haven’t been on Stumble Upon in a while ‘cause I’ve had a busy year, but one day in the future when I have time and Internet, I will revisit what is easily my favourite website.